Sunday, February 14, 2010

Home....

In the last few days, I've been thinking more and more about what home is. I haven't lived with my parents since I was 18, moved to college, switched residents every year, and continued the trend after school. I don't think I've lived in one place for more then a 10 months since I've been out of high school.

I could call a lot of places home, but recently to me the one thing that comes back into my mind when I think about home, are my friends. Where I feel the most comfort, and have the best support system. In High School, I had the best friend in the world. He taught me how to be myself and feel comfortable with all types of people. God bless James as his life was taking short. He taught me that if you worry about bills and what everyone else thinks that you'll miss life as it passes you by. To appreciate the little things.

In college, I had great friends that I know no matter what... I can always count on them. We've had our ups and downs, but they helped grow as a person. Taught me the ways of the world as I traveled all over the United States with them. That was home. I moved 4 times in college, but they were always there. I felt more at home with them, then going home and staying at the place where I grew up.

Evolution goes we graduate college and hit the real world. I moved to DC and had to make new friends, and caught up with friends in college that have become some of my best friends. Helping me with work, and learning how to live in a big city when all you know is the mountains.

As I start a new chapter in moving... I'm slowly realizing that I will always be home, as long as my friends are around me. Whether that be here waiting to go over seas, in a big City, or in a small town... my friends make me yearn for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment